So you need to sell your HTC Sensation 4G or send it in for warranty? Here’s how to unroot it, get a stock recovery, and put S back on so that it is exactly as it was when you took it out of the box.
1. This will give you a stock ROM, stock recovery and bootloader.
2. Only real reason to unroot, is if you want to turn the phone in for warranty purposes, or if you want to sell it (and the person buying doesn’t want it rooted).
1. Head to our how to setup ADB procedure and setup ADB so you can see your phone’s serial number. Once you can see the serial number in command prompt, then you can return here to continue.
1. Download the official RUU from the thread linked below. MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT ONE FOR YOUR DEVICE!
Sensation 4G RUU (For T-Mobile US choose the TMOUS version with the highest number, indicating it is the latest version for T-Mobile USA).
2. Make sure USB debugging is still on from when you did the Setup ADB procedure by going to Settings > Applications > Development > Should have a check next to USB Debugging.
3. Plug your device in via USB to your computer.
4. Right click the RUU .exe file and select run as administrator (if you dont have that open just select Open).
5. Follow the RUU’s instructions to flash the stock firmware.
6. After the device reboots and is still plugged in via USB cable to the computer, open the command prompt by clicking on the Start menu and then typing in cmd and hitting enter in the search field.
7. In the command prompt, type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
cd c:\androidsdk\platform-tools (if you followed our adb procedure then that is the exact name, if not then you need to put in the folder where adb is located for you on your computer. i.e. c:\[nameofsdkfolder\platform-tools\)
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
8. After you type the last line, you should see S-On at the top of the bootloader screen. If so, you are all set.
Thanks to Alphadog32 for the RUU and original procedure.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.