You, too, might have been excited for the Nokia N9 update that recently came out. You, too, might have tried to do it on your Nokia via the over the air update method that is built in. You, too, might have been sadly disappointed.
I tried maybe a dozen times to get the update to go on my Nokia N9 to no avail. It would constantly tell me that the download was interrupted or the update installation was interrupted and there seemed nothing I could do about it. Turns out, though, there is.
Here’s how to manually update your Nokia N9 using the Device Software Updater and your computer instead of the OTA method on the phone.
1. Make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Perform a backup by going to Settings > Sync and Backup > Backup > New Backup
3. Must have a Windows computer.
1. Head to Nokia’s Europe support site (regardless of whether you are in the States or not its the only place that has the update for the N9).
2. Select the Nokia N9 as your device.
3. Click on Update Using your PC
4. Download the Updater.
1. Double click the exe file for the updater and install it by clicking next until it installs.
2. Restart your computer when asked to do so.
3. Plug in your device via USB cable to your computer when asked to by the program and select Sync and Connect mode on the phone.
4.When the Nokia N9 pops up in the program, it should find the update. Select Install.
5. The update will force your N9 to restart into update mode, wait for it to finish and don’t touch it.
6. Once the device restarts back to normal mode and the program says it Update Complete, you are all set.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.