The Impression i10 is a decent tablet with a big 9.7-inch IPS screen, a HDMI port, USB Host ports and a passable 1GHz Cortex A8 CPU. But it does have one major drawback – as with the other OEM tablets, this device lacks the Android Market (or Play, as it is called now) app. This guide will show you how to root the Impression i10 which should enable you to install the Market app manually and give access to the hundreds of thousands of apps that are available on it currently. You can check our post to know how to sideload or install the Market and also Google Apps like GMail and GTalk.
2. Windows Drivers.
1. Extract usb_driver x86_x64.zip that you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
2. Connect your device with USB Debugging enabled (Read on to the next section to learn how to do this).
3. Point to the extracted driver folder on your desktop when Windows asks for drivers.
1. Extract the SuperOneClickv2.1.1-ShortFuse.zip you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. You can do this by heading to Settings > Applications > USB Debugging and checking the tickbox next to it.
3. Set your device’s screen timeout to more than 10 minutes. To do this, go to Settings > Display and then select Screen Timeout or Sleep. Select any value more than 10 minutes and click OK.
4. Connect your device to your Windows PC.
5. Double-click SuperOneClick.exe from the SuperOneClickv2.1.1-ShortFuse folder you extracted above.
6. Make sure that the Exploit is set to Auto as you see in the screenshot below.
Once the process is complete, the Impression i10 should reboot on its own. Look for the Superuser app in your app drawer to confirm root status.
Thanks go to CLShortFuse for the SuperOneClick solution who sure would appreciate a donation if you are willing to donate some!!
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.