If you don’t like the default ClockworkMod Recovery in which you need to select options using the hardware buttons, then here’s a good news for you. ClockworkMod Touch Recovery is now available for the HTC Desire smartphone and if you are one of the users of this phone, then follow the procedure given below to install the Touch based CWM Recovery on your HTC Desire smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your HTC Desire smartphone before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root HTC Desire procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your phone has at least 60% of battery life left, so you can go through the process without any problems.
1. Download the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery Image from here.
2. Download the Fastboot Package from here.
1. Place the downloaded files on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot package to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power key.
4. Reboot your phone into the fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Power keys together.
5. Connect your phone to your PC when it is in fastboot mode.
6. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop and type in the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-bravo.img
7. It will start installing the recovery on your phone. Wait for some time to finish it.
Well done ! You have successfully installed the Touch Based ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Desire smartphone. Now, you can head to our HTC Desire custom ROMs section to find out the best custom ROM available for your beloved Desire.
If this procedure helped you, then please head over to the ClockworkMod website to thank/donate to the original developer of this recovery image !
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!