Recently, the root access on the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE smartphone has been achieved, thanks to the developers over at XDA Forum. Just like its other variants, the Galaxy S2 HD LTE can now be rooted to get access to the Root-only apps as well as to modify the system files. Following is the procedure to root your Galaxy S2 HD LTE smartphone, follow each step carefully to successfully root your phone.
1. You must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your smartphone before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE smartphone procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. You will lose your phone’s warranty if you root. However, the lost warranty can be gained back by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your phone.
3. Please make sure that your phone is charged at least 60%. This is to ensure an uninterrupted rooting process.
1. Download the Rooting Package from here.
1. Place the Rooting Package ZIP archive onto your Desktop. Do NOT extract files from it.
2. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Transfer the Rooting Package ZIP file to your phone’s SD card root folder. It is the topmost folder.
4. Disconnect your phone from the PC after the file transfer has been completed.
5. Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power key.
6. Reboot your phone into the ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power keys together.
7. Release all the keys you pressed when the Samsung logo appears on your screen.
8. When you enter the recovery mode, choose install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
9. Select the Rooting Package ZIP file which you copied to your phone earlier for flashing.
10. After it has finished flashing the file, go back to main menu of the recovery and choose reboot system now.
Congrats ! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy S2 HD LTE smartphone. The Superuser app should now be present in your phone’s menu to provide system-access to other apps.
If this procedure helped you, then please head to the official thread over at XDA Forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this root method !
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.