Droid X2 users should cheer up as the popular ClockworkMod Recovery is now available for their devices in the form of an APK file. Usually, the recoveries come with a .img extension which can be flashed through Fastboot. However, for the Droid X2 owners, flashing the CWM Recovery is as simple as installing an app. Follow the instructions provided below to have a custom recovery flashed on your device.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Droid X2 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery APK (Download link is given in the first post)
1. Place the downloaded Recovery APK file to the Desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to your PC with the help of the USB cable.
3. Transfer the APK file to the root folder of your device’s SD card. It will help you find the file easily at a later time.
4. Disconnect your device from the PC after the file has been copied.
5. On your phone, go to Menu>>My files and then tap on the APK file to install it.
6. Once the file is installed on your phone, launch it from the Menu of your phone.
7. Tap on the Install Recovery button in the app and it will start flashing recovery on your device.
Well done, the ClockworkMod Recovery has now successfully been installed on your Droid X2 and you can now flash custom ROMs as well as use all those options that appear in the recovery menu.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Droid X2 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.