The touch version of the ClockworkMod Recovery is available for the HTC Desire HD smartphone and once you have got it installed on your device, you will have a big list of custom ROMs to be installed on your smartphone. We have compiled all the required steps in the following guide on how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Desire HD smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your smartphone before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the HTC Desire HD procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your smartphone has at least 60% of battery life left.
3. The following procedure works on Windows PC only.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Package (It’s attached there in the first post)
1. Download and place the package file onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the package to your Desktop.
3. Connect your smartphone to the PC using the USB cable.
4. Double-click the Start Here.bat file to open the Command Prompt Window.
5. Enter the following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Your smartphone should reboot into the Fastboot mode.
7. Now, enter the following command into the same Command Prompt Window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-ace.img
8. After the recovery has been installed on your smartphone, issue the following command:
9. Your smartphone should reboot.
Congrats ! You have successfully installed the Touch ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Desire HD. The gates are open to the world of custom ROMs, it’s up to you what you want to do with your smartphone !
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Desire HD to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.