I. Before You Begin
1. Because this is a Universal Android Rooting Method it works on multiple phones. Here are the phones it is confirmed to work on:
2. This will give you temporary root access (you can still unroot using the same app)., you can head to your phone’s permanent root and s-off procedure after.
1. Download the latest Visionary rooting app from here:
2. Plug in your phone via USB Cable and mount the sd card so you can transfer files to it.
3. Copy the .apk file to the root of the SD card in your phone (NOT in any folders just on the SD card itself).
4. Unplug the phone.
5. On the phone go to Settings > Applications > Development > Make sure USB Debugging is Checked ON and Fastboot is checked OFF (if it is an option).
6. Go to the Market and download a file manager (the free Linda File Manager is recommended).
7. Open the file manager app and locate the .apk file on the sd card and click it.
8. Follow the instructions to install it.
9. Once installed, open Visionary and check ON temp root after reboot, and check ON System R/W after Root. Then click TempRoot and wait for it to finish.
10. Once it is done with the TempRoot, open the Visionary again (if it closed itself) and click Attempt PermRoot. Click Allow when it asks for permissions. The phone will reboot and it will take a long time. Be patient.
11. Once it is done, turn off the phone, take out the battery, wait 10 seconds, put the battery back in and turn the phone back on. If when it turns back on you have the Superuser permissions app still in your app drawer, you still have root and it worked. Enjoy!
1. Head over to the Perm Root and HBoot S-Off method for your specific phone below:
How To: Gain Permanent Root and S-OFF on the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G
How To: Gain Permanent Root and S-OFF on the HTC Desire Z
How To: Gain Permanent Root and S-OFF on the HTC Desire HD