LG Optimus 3D falls in the category of those smartphones which are capable to accommodate a custom recovery. After flashing a custom recovery on the smartphone, you can install and try as many custom ROMs on it as you want. While we already have a rooting guide for the smartphone, this guide will teach you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your LG Optimus 3D smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the LG Optimus 3D procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Recovery Toolkit (Download link is given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Recovery Toolkit archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Toolkit archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn USB debugging ON on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click the Toolkit executable file and it should launch.
6. From the Toolkit interface, hit the option labeled as Flash ClockWorkMod-Recovery.
7. Follow on-screen instructions.
8. And you’re all done!
Great! You’ve successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on the LG Optimus 3D smartphone. The toolkit really made our job easier, we appreciate the work of the developer!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus 3D to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!