Motorola has brought an option for the users who want to try out the latest ultra-fast 4G network by launching a 4G enabled smartphone named as Motorola RAZR HD XT925. The smartphone sports a large 4.7″ inch screen with HD resolution of 720×1280 and the rest of the specifications include a dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 16GB of Internal storage. Rooting the device is now possible, all thanks to the XDA developers for bringing us an easy method to unlock the true potential of the device. In the following guide, we’ve put together all the steps you should follow to gain root access on your device. So, let’s see how you can root your Motorola RAZR HD XT925 smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. The following procedure is intended to work on Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
4. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Place the Root Package archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the Run.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Wonderful! Your device is now rooted and you can confirm the root access by simply downloading the Root Checker app.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola RAZR HD XT925 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.