The official ClockworkMod Recovery is available for all the variants of the Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone, be it the Sprint one or US Cellular one, you’ll be able to flash the recovery and then custom ROMs, if you wish. Lately, MetroPCS added the device to its repository and as soon as it happened, the ClockworkMod Recovery was being ported for the device on aforementioned carrier. This really made thousands of MetroPCs users smile as they’re now in the same boat as their variant brothers and if you want to learn how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS), you can follow our guide below. It contains everything you need to get the recovery running on your device.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS) procedure to root your device.
2. This should replace stock recovery with the CWM Recovery.
1. Download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link given above.
2. Once installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. The first screen should have an option saying Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, just tap it.
4. You will now be asked to choose your device from the list, just tap on your device name.
5. It’ll now start downloading and installing the recovery.
6. Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, it could take from a few seconds to a few minutes to finish.
7. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
8. And you’re all set!
Wonderful! Your MetroPCS Galaxy S3 has successfully been flashed with ClockworkMod Recovery and you can now boot into the recovery to flash custom ROMs or Mods, choice is yours!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.