How to Unroot the Samsung Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS)
Unrooting your Samsung Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS) will let you reinstate the warranty of the device as well as you’ll be taken back to the stock firmware that has no modifications and is pure Android firmware. You may want to unroot your device because you’re selling it, or maybe you’re tired of using custom ROMs and want to have that stock feeling once again, then you’re right at the right place. In the following guide, we’re gonna show you how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS) and get it back to stock. Here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
III. Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS):
1. Download and place both the archives you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA tab and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Leave Repartition box unchecked.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, simply press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. You’ll see a prompt asking you to confirm your action, press the Volume UP key.
9. Once inside the Download mode, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Now in Odin, click on Start button and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
11. Once flashing’s done, your device should reboot automatically.
12. And you’re unrooted now!
Well done! Your device’s now unrooted and is back to stock firmware. You can now start using your device from a fresh state!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.