Unrooting your Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570) will reinstate the warranty of the device and you’ll be able to get it repaired at the service center, if you’ve have any issues with it. And it’s also useful if your rooted device’s behaving weird and you can’t get it to work properly, flashing the stock firmware should solve that as well. So, here’s how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Mini and get it back to stock.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This works on the Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570) model only.
3. Your device should have at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Download and place both the archives to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop. You can use free tools like WinRAR to do so.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Checkmark the boxes labeled as Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Click on Start button in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
11. Once the firmware’s flashed, your device will reboot.
12. And you’re all set!
Excellent! Your device has successfully been unrooted and is now back to the stock firmware. Now use the stock firmware as long as it keeps you happy, then re-root your device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.