Sick and tired of using the rooted Samsung Galaxy S2? Want to go back to stock firmware once again to start everything over? No problem, we’ll help you do that. Getting your Samsung Galaxy S2 back to stock is as easy as flashing its stock firmware, no difficult part at all. This guide should help you with that so you can unroot your device and enjoy the warranty once again!
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device should have at least 70% of battery life left.
3. This works for the GT-I9100 model only.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place both the files you’ve downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Click on PDA tab and select the Stock Firmware file you just extracted to your Desktop.
5. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the tool.
6. It’s important that you leave Repartition box unchecked.
7. Power off your device.
8. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do so, just press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Press the Volume UP button to continue to Download mode.
10. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Hit Start button in the tool and it should begin flashing the firmware.
12. Once the firmware’s been flashed, your device will automatically reboot.
13. You’re back to stock now!
Awesome! Your device has been successfully unrooted and is now back to the stock firmware. You can now start customizing your device over again!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.