Want to know how you can root your T-Mobile Huawei Prism smartphone? Want to enjoy thousands of root-only apps available out there for your device? No problem, we’ll help you do that. Rooting the Huawei Prism has been possible due to the hard-work of developers and this guide shows that method to help you root your device. So, if you’re ready, then get onto the procedure below and root your device.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have proper drivers installed on your PC.
1. CWM Recovery (Download link’s given at the bottom of the tenth post)
2. Update ZIP (Download link’s given at the bottom of the tenth post)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the CWM Recovery archive over to your Desktop. Leave the other archive as is.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Update ZIP archive over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once the archive’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot your device into Fastboot mode. To do that, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Power buttons for about 15 seconds.
9. Connect your device to your PC once again.
10. Now double-click on the recovery.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
11. It’ll flash the CWM Recovery on your device.
12. Once it’s done, disconnect your device from your PC.
13. You’re done!
Great! You’ve success flashed a custom recovery on your device, now let’s see how you can root your device.
1. Turn OFF your device.
2. Reboot your device into Recovery mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume UP+Power buttons for about 8 seconds.
3. Once inside Recovery, select apply update from sdcard and choose the Update ZIP file you copied earlier to your device.
4. It’ll flash the file on your device and root it.
5. Once the file’s been flashed, reboot your device.
6. And you’re rooted now!
Excellent! Your Huawei Prism has been successfully rooted and here begins your journey to the world of custom ROMs and root-only apps!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the T-Mobile Huawei Prism (U8651T) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.