If you think the ThinkPad is the only device running ICS that Lenovo has in its inventory, then you’re wrong. The Lenovo S880 is there running Android ICS out-of-the box, features a 1GHz processor and backed by 512MB of RAM. Lenovo fans would certainly rush to get their hands on this feature-packed device and if you’re one of the buyers of this device, then you’d probably want to root it. Rooting is like unlocking the true potential of your device, in fact, it actually is. Once you do so, you can load root-only apps, modify system files and have the control over all the files on your device. Sounds interesting? huh. Here’s how you can root your Lenovo S880 smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Now double-click on the file named TPSparkyRoot.bat that you extracted from the archive to your Desktop.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
7. And you should be rooted finally!
Congrats! Your Lenovo smartphone has been successfully rooted and to confirm the same, just look for the Superuser app in your App Drawer!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Lenovo S880 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!