I. Before You Begin
THERE IS A NEW PROCEDURE FOR USE ON ALL 320 x 480 RESOLUTION DEVICES, PLEASE TO BE TAKEN TO THAT PROCEDURE!
1. THIS IS ONLY FOR THE HTC MAGIC, MYTOUCH, MYTOUCH 1.2, OR FENDER MYTOUCH! DO NOT USE THIS ONE ANY OTHER PHONE!
2. You must have root access.
II. Setup ADB (If you haven’t already)
1. Follow this procedure to setup ADB if you have not already set it up.
III. Check Your SPL Version
1. Turn off your phone then turn it on by holding down Power and Back to get to fastboot.
2. At the top of the phone you will see some writing, pay attention to the HBOOT – x.xx.xxxx. What is written where those X’s are is your SPL version. In order to flash a Splash image you must have one of the following SPL versions (Engineering SPLS):
3. Download one of the above SPLs and save it to your computer.
4. Copy the SPL from your computer and save it to the root of your SD card (not in any folders. DO NOT EXTRACT IT, LEAVE IT AS A .ZIP FILE).
5. Turn off your phone, then turn it back on by holding down Home and Power to get into recovery mode.
6. Click Flash Zip from SD Card and select the SPL.zip file you saved and wait for it to finish flashing.
IV. Get a Splash Image and Flash It
1. Find a Splash Image you want to use (it MUST be a Splash Image and not just a regular image). Here is a collection of original Splash Images (if you find anymore please comment on this post with a link):
is a collection of splash screens for the Magic/G1 as well. (Thanks GUNZ!)
2. Rename it to splash (leave the .nb on it though) and save it to the AndroidSDK/Tools/ folder you had from the ADB setup process.
3. Turn off your phone, then turn it back on by holding down Back and Power to get to Fastboot mode, then plug it into the computer.
4. Open the command prompt on your computer, then type:
fastboot flash splash1 splash.nb
5. Reboot the phone once it is done.