Microsoft’s MIX10 event kicked off today in Las Vegas. The event has always been a primary source for developers interested in creating apps using Microsoft’s applications. Now this year though they have some major updates to talk about, the big one we are all concerned with being, of course, Windows Phone 7 and Silverlight.
It just so happens that Microsoft announced that today will be about Windows Phone 7 and Silverlight, so no waiting for us.
Here are some highlights and videos:
1. NetFlix Demo App –
2. Microsoft Windows Phone Marketplace will be the only way to get apps onto the phone itself.
3. Sling, Pandora, Foursquare – via Engadget
4. Xbox Gaming Demoed –
5. Windows Phone App Controlling a Robotic T-Shirt Cannon
The other thing that I found interesting was the full Keynote presentation if anyone is interested (warning: 2 hours long lol). Interesting to see how Silverlight has evolved and how it is being used for Apps:
Key Times in the Full Presentation Linked Above:
1. Silverlight – Uses and Programing, and eBay Demo (Approx. 0 mins – 24 mins)
2. Windows Phone 7 General Demo (Approx. 24 mins – 51 mins)
3. How To Build a Windows Phone 7 Silverlight app (Approx. 52 mins – 1:13)
4. Microsoft Partner’s Apps Demo ( Approx. 1:15 – 1:30)
5. XNA Demos Â (1:30-1:50)
6. Windows Marketplace (1:50-1:55)