- THIS PROCEDURE IS OBSOLETE! PLEASE HEAD TO OUR NEW HOW TO ROOT/LOAD A ROM PROCEDURES:
- HOW TO ROOT THE DROID ERIS (UNREVOKED METHOD)
- HOW TO LOAD A CUSTOM ROM ON THE DROID ERIS
- I. Before You Begin
- II. Setup ADB
- III. Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Droid Eris
- IV. Flash a Custom ROM Using the Recovery Image
THIS PROCEDURE IS OBSOLETE! PLEASE HEAD TO OUR NEW HOW TO ROOT/LOAD A ROM PROCEDURES:
I. Before You Begin
1. You must have root access first. Do our How To Root the Droid Eris procedure first, then when you are done, come back to this one and continue.
2. This procedure will also show you how to flash a custom recovery image onto your Droid Eris (which can be a great tool in itself, and is required for flashing ROMs).
3. YOU MUST FINISH THIS PROCEDURE AND FLASH A CUSTOM ROM TO HAVE ROOT ACCESS TO USE APPLICATIONS! (If you just want a stock ROM with root access, choose the Stock 2.1 w/ Root ROM when you select a ROM in Section IV).
II. Setup ADB
1. Follow our How To Setup ADB procedure, then once you can see your phone’s serial number when typing adb devices, you can return here and continue.
III. Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Droid Eris
1. Download the Flash_Image file and Amon Ra’s recovery image and save them both to the tools folder of your AndroidSDK you downloaded for the How To Setup ADB procedure.
Amon Ra’s Recovery Image
2. Then plug in your phone via usb cable and goto Settings > Applications > Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked on.
3. Open the command prompt on your computer and type in the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
4. Close the command prompt and turn off you phone.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM Using the Recovery Image
1. Turn the phone on by holding down Volume Up and Power and keep holding it until the recovery screen comes up.
2. Scroll to USB-MS Toggle and select it. Then plug in your phone to the computer via USB so we can access the memory card.
3. Download a Custom ROM you want from our Droid Eris ROM section on our site (as of 03/19/10 there aren’t any yet) and save it to the root of your phone’s sd card (NOT in any folders, just on the sd card itself).
4. Once downloaded to your sd card, push the button on your phone to disable USB-MS Toggle.
5. Scroll to Wipe Data, select it, then select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
6. Then click volume down to go back and then scroll to Flash Zip from sdcard and select it.
7. Choose the ROM you want to flash and select it.
8. Once it is done, hit the trackball to reboot the phone, all done!