I. Before You Begin
1. This should work on all Dell Streaks (including the US version)
II. Root the Phone.
1. On your phone go to Settings > About Phone and look at your Android Version at the top and Build Number at the bottom.
2. Choose the appropriate Superboot files to download based on those numbers.
Android 1.6 (If you are on Android 1.6, click this link and then look for your phone’s build number UNDER SUPERBOOT and download those files).
Android 2.1 (If you are on Android 2.1, click this link and then look for your phone’s build number UNDER SUPERBOOT and download those files).
3. Turn off your phone, take out the battery, then put the battery back in.
4. Turn on the phone by holding down the Camera button and Power, keep holding them until the bootloader screen comes up.
5. Select Fastboot at the top right and then wait 10 seconds.
6. After the 10 seconds, plug the phone into the computer via the USB cable.
7. Unzip the Superboot files you downloaded earlier and open the folder.
8. Double click “install-superboot-windows.bat” and wait for it to finish. The phone should automatically reboot and you are all done!
III. (Optional) Load a Custom ROM
1. Head to our How To Load a Custom ROM on the Dell Streak procedure to load custom ROMs.
Thanks to Modaco!
Issue: I can’t get the drivers installed!
Solution: Try to uninstall Dell PC Studio and then start over. If that doesn’t work, download and install PDANet and that should install the correct drivers automatically. Also make sure your phone is in USB Debugging mode (Settings > Appications > Development).
Issue: I’m stuck at the Dell logo!