1. This should be the easiest method to root.
2. This should also work on any G1 / Dream on Android 1.6 Build DMD64.
1. Download AndRoot and save it to your computer.
2. Plug in your phone via USB cable and mount the sd card so we can transfer files to it.
3. Copy the Universal Androot .apk file to the root of the sd card (NOT in any folders, just on the sd card itself).
4. Unplug the phone.
5. Go to the Market on your phone and download Linda File Manager (it’s free, search for Linda).
6. Open Linda and look on the sd card for the Universal Androot .apk file and select it. Follow the prompts to install it.
7. Open Androot and click Root. Wait for it to finish.
8. You now have root access!
9. (Optional) If you want to load custom ROMs then please head to our next procedure; How To Flash a Custom Recovery.
Issue: It says I’m rooted but I don’t see superuser permissions.
Solution: Reboot the phone and it should appear.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss