The people that brought you the Unrevoked tool for rooting devices back in the day, and the people that brought you the AlphaRev rooting tool have joined forces and come up with a new tool to root, gain S-Off, and load a custom recovery on a decent list of devices. This tool is called Revolutionary, and the latest version, works on the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide.
1. This will permanently root and gain S-Off on your T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide.
2. This will also flash a custom recovery image on the device as well.
3. If you are using Windows, download and install these Fastboot drivers.
4. You must install this version of HTC Sync and then plug your device in and wait for it to install the drivers. After it installs the drivers though, you must right click on the icon in the taskbar and select exit to close HTC Sync before continuing.
5. On your device, click on Settings > Applications > Development > Turn USB Debugging ON.
1. Download the Fr3vo exploit and extract it somewhere on your computer.
2. Plug in your device.
3. Right click the .bat file inside the Fr3vo folder you just extracted and then select Run As Administrator (if you dont have that option just select Open) and wait for it to root your device. So long as it says “Exploiting Device” it is successful, if it doesn’t say that then run Fr3vo again until it works.
1. Download the latest version of the tool from the developers here (the initial versions require you to generate a beta key for you to use the program, just follow the steps to do so. If it lets you download the program without a beta key, then it’s a newer version than at the time of writing this, just continue):
2. Plug in your device.
3. Select charge only if the option exists on your device, or just do NOT mount the SD Card.
4. On your device, click on Settings > Applications > Development > Turn USB Debugging ON.
5. Find the Revolutionary program you downloaded and unzip it to the TempRoot folder inside the TempRoot folder you extracted in Section II.
6. Right click it and select Open as Administrator (if you do not have that option when you right click, simply select Open).
7. Input your beta key you received and wait for it to do it’s thing (if you are using a newer version of Revolutionary then it might not ask you for this. If that is the case, just continue).
1.. Once done gaining S-Off, it will ask you if you want to flash clockworkmod recovery, type in y and hit enter.
2. Once it is done flashing the recovery image it will close the command prompt window.
3. On your phone, you should see S-Off at the top.
4. Take out the battery and put it back in.
5. Turn on the device, by holding down volume down and power until the screen boots up.
6. Push volume down and then power to select recovery.
7. If the phone reboots to the clockworkmod recovery screen you are all set.
1. With the phone still in clockworkmod recovery from the last step, plug it in via USB cable.
2. Select Mounts and Storage by using the volume buttons to move and power to select.
3. Then select mount USB storage (the sd card directory should pop up on your computer screen)
4. Download the root .zip file and save it to your computer (do NOT extract it)
5. Copy the root .zip file to the root of your sdcard and wait for it to transfer (not in any folders, just on the sd card itself).
6. On your device, select unmount sdcard.
7. On your device, select go back.
8. Then select Install zip from sdcard and choose the root .zip file.
9. Wait for it to flash, once done, select reboot system now.
10. Once your device reboots, open the app drawer and you should see Superuser permissions there. If so, you are all set, you are rooted, have S-Off and a custom recovery image.
1. Head to our How To Load a Custom ROM on your Android Phone After the Revolutionary Method procedure.