This tutorial will help you take that first step to making your Galaxy Fit S5670 more than it is, by way of rooting it initially, flashing ClockworkMod Recovery and finally, flashing a ROM that is more to your liking. Read on to know how to do this.
I. Before You Begin
1. Ensure that you have a fully charged device.
2. This is a Windows-based procedure and so requires you to have a Windows-based PC.
3. Install the S5670 USB drivers – this should be done automatically if you have already installed Kies. If not, do it now as Odin will fail to recognize your device if any of these are missing.
4. As always, we advise you to back up your data before proceeding with the steps in the next sections. We will be doing a full wipe/reset factory data once the device is rooted, so do not miss this step if you care for your data.
II. What You Need
2. Rooting file.
3. OPS file.
III. Rooting the Phone
1. Extract all the files you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
2. Run S5670_Odin+Multi+Downloader+v4.38.exe
3. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Fit. To do this, head to Settings -> Applications -> Development and check the box next to Enable USB Debugging.
4. Turn off your device and put it into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the home key (the middle button on the front of your device) and the power button until it goes into Download Mode.
5. Connect your device to the PC. Odin should now recognize your device and the ID:COM field should turn yellow to signify this.
6. Click on the OPS button under the Select OPS section and chose BENI_v1.0.ops from the files you downloaded. Tick the One Package option under the Options section; this should enable the One Package button. Click on the One Package button and select beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2.tar from the files you downloaded.
7. Make sure that all the options are checked and the downloaded files are loaded as you see in the below picture.
IV. Wiping Data
Once the phone reboots, power it down and reboot into Recovery Mode. Press and hold the volume up key + home key (the middle button on the front of your device) and press the power button until it goes into recovery mode. Use the volume rocker to move up and down the menu and select Wipe data/factory reset. After this, select Wipe cache partition with the power button. Reboot your device once everything is done.
Your Galaxy Fit S5670 should now be rooted and have the ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
Thanks to AA for the original procedure!!