In the United States, the LG Optimus LTE by AT&T is known as the LG Nitro HD. The phone’s got a true HD display with the resolution of 1280×720, it means, you can enjoy all of your videos and pictures, games and apps, in High Definition. It doesn’t just end here, since the phone runs on the Android OS, you can modify it according to your needs. If you’ve rooted the device and want to install custom ROMs on it, you’ll need a custom recovery on it. And here we’ve a guide on how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on the LG Nitro HD. As soon as you’re done with the procedure, you can go and install custom ROMs on the device.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the LG Nitro HD procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This will install the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ROM Manager (Google Play Link)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the LG Nitro HD:
1. Download and install the ROM Manager App on your smartphone.
2. After the app is installed, launch it from the Menu of your device.
3. From the first screen, select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option.
4. Next, choose the LG Nitro HD from the devices list.
5. It should begin downloading and installing the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. Be patient!
6. As soon as the process is done, you’ll get a confirmation message on your screen.
7. And you’re all done!
Congrats! The ClockworkMod Recovery has successfully been installed on your LG Nitro HD smartphone. It’s really easy to use the ROM Manager app to flash the CWM Recovery!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Nitro HD to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.