Unrooting’s not a big deal even if you’ve never ever done it as it just involves flashing the stock firmware and your device goes back to its factory state. For the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile), the stock firmware has become available and by following our guide given below, you’ll be able to reinstate the warranty of your device and unroot it as well. So, let’s not wait and jump onto the guide below.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left as the procedure’s going to take some good time.
1. Stock Firmware (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives you downloaded to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA button and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier.
5. Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in Odin.
6. Uncheck the Repartition box if it’s checked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. If any prompt appears on the screen, hit Volume UP button.
10. Now, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
11. Click on Start button in the Odin and it’ll flash the stock firmware file.
12. It should take around ten minutes to finish the process so sit back and relax.
13. Once it’s done, the device should reboot automatically.
14. And you’re unrooted now!
Great! Your warranty’s now back and the device’s been successfully unrooted. It’s all stock feeling everywhere on the device, be it the Settings area or homescreen!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss