Many of the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 users have rooted their devices just because they don’t want to be stuck on Gingerbread and want to expand the functionality of their devices by flashing the ICS or JB based custom ROMs on their devices. While rooting allows you to do so, it voids the warranty of your device. Thus, you can’t get your device repaired at the service center and you may face some other issues as well. To help you guys out, in this guide, we’re gonna show you how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 smartphone. It’ll take you back to the stock firmware with no root access, let’s head onto the procedure to do that:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
2. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
III. Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy S I9000:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Put checkmark in the boxes that are labeled as Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Make sure that the Repartition box is NOT checked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do that, simply press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Press the Volume UP button to continue to Download mode.
10. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Click on Start button in the tool and it’ll begin flashing the stock firmware.
12. Once it’s done, your device will automatically reboot.
13. And you’re done!
Great! Your device has been successfully unrooted and you’re running the official stock firmware. Those default apps that you usually get with stock firmware are back now on your device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.