You can easily root any smartphone if it falls in the list of supported smartphones of CF-Kernel. Basically, it’s a custom kernel with Superuser and Buxybox injected and once you flash it on your device, you get the root access. Isn’t that simple? If you want to root your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 smartphone using CF-Kernel Method, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The warranty of your device will be voided once you root it. Therefore, do it at your own risk.
2. Keep at least 60% of battery on your device, it will prevent any unexpected problems.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. CF-Kernel (Download the appropriate file from the first OR second post)
2. Odin 3
III. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (CF-Kernel Method):
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Open the Odin Tool by double-clicking on the Odin executable file. It’s the file you just extracted from the archive.
4. Click on the PDA tab and navigate to your Desktop and choose the .tar file you extracted from the CF-Kernel archive.
5. Turn OFF your smartphone.
6. Reboot it into the Download mode. It can be done by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
7. Use the Volume UP button to enter the Download mode.
8. Once you’re in the Download mode, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
9. Uncheck the Repartition box in the Odin if its checked.
10. Click on the Start button and flashing should begin.
11. Your device should reboot once the flashing is finished.
12. You’re now rooted !
Awesome! You’ve successfully rooted your device with the help of a custom kernel, called CF-Kernel. It has injected both Superuser and Root access on your device, which means you can now provide root access to the apps asking for it !
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.