If you’re looking to install a custom recovery other than ClockworkMod on your device, then look no further and get the TWRP Recovery. It’s a touch-based recovery that allows several operations, such as flashing custom ROMs, Mods, making backups and so on. It’s a fully-featured custom recovery and with that, you’ll be able to get almost all the developments for your device available on this earth. This guides teaches how you can install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) smartphone so you can enjoy all the development.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. TWRP Recovery Image (Download the latest version having .img as extension)
1. Place the TWRP Recovery Image you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Recovery Image file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. Now head over to Google Play and install the Terminal Emulator app. Direct link’s given above.
6. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
7. Type in following command into the app:
8. Now enter the following command into the app replacing recoveryname.img with the actual name of the Recovery Image you downloaded:
dd if=/sdcard/recoveryname.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9
9. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! Your device has successfully been equipped with TWRP Recovery and if you were looking to get some custom ROMs on your device, you can do so now!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss