Want to flash TWRP Recovery on your LG Optimus Black? Great. TWRP Recovery’s a custom recovery that works the similar way as CWM but has an unique user-interface, no clutter only things that’re really important. You may wonder it’d be a difficult task to flash the recovery, well, in fact, the procedure’s extremely easy and this guide explains it, so you won’t face any issues while flashing it. Let’s see how you can flash TWRP Recovery on your LG Optimus Black smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our root guide to root your device.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. TWRP Recovery Image (Download latest version of the Recovery)
1. Download and place the TWRP Recovery Image onto your Desktop.
2. Rename the Recovery Image to recovery.img.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Recovery Image over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once it’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
6. Now head over to Google Play and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device.
7. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
8. Enter the following command into the app:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
9. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
10. You’re all set!
Great! Your LG Optimus Black’s now rocking TWRP Recovery and you now have access to a number of custom ROMs available for your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus Black to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: ElectricPig
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.