Root access is no longer a surprising thing if you’ve been using it for quite some good time. And it’s a good idea to unroot your device if you don’t need root. Unrooting procedure’s always been easier for Samsung devices and this guide shows how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7300) device. At the end of the procedure, you should be running the official stock firmware on your device with no root-access. Let’s see how you can do it:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 70% of battery life left.
3. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
4. This works for the GT-P7300 model only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
III. Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7300):
1. Put both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Unzip contents from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Run the Odin tool by double-clicking on its executable file available on your Desktop.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Put check-mark in the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together for about 10 seconds.
9. Press the Volume UP button to continue to Download mode.
10. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
11. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll start flashing the firmware.
12. It should take a few minutes to finish flashing the file.
13. Once it’s done, your device will automatically reboot.
14. You’re done!
Excellent! Your Galaxy Tab 8.9 is now back to the stock firmware with no root-access. You won’t be able to use root-only apps on your device until you root it!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.