Have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4G smartphone? Want to flash a custom recovery on it so you can taste some custom ROMs available out there for your device? No worries, here’s how you can do that. Fortunately, ClockworkMod Recovery (a popular custom recovery) is available for the aforementioned device and installing it on the device takes no more than a couple of minutes. Here’s how:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S 4G procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Your device needs to have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S 4G:
1. Head over to Google Play and download and install the ROM Manager app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the first option that says Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to flash the recovery on your device.
5. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
6. You’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully flashed CWM Recovery on your Galaxy S 4G and booting into the same is as easy as downloading the Quick Boot app and tapping the Recovery option!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S 4G to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.