Maybe you’re just sick and tired of using your Galaxy Note 2 from Verizon? Maybe you want to get a little extra out of your device? Either way, this guide should help. Overclocking your Galaxy Note 2 should provide you with some extra speeds and doing so is as easy as pie, here’s how:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must be rooted before you do this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. Check out our guide on the same to do that.
II. Make a Backup:
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app has been installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit Recovery option in the app and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It will create a nandroid backup of your ROM and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
III. Downloading Required Files:
1. SaberKernel (Download link’s given in the first post)
IV. Flashing the Overclock Kernel on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon):
1. Download and place the SaberKernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the SaberKernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once inside Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the SaberKernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It should begin flashing the kernel on your device.
10. Once it has been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
V. Overclocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon):
1. Download and install any of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Using the option or slider in the app, increase your CPU clock speed and keep on doing so as long as your device is comfortable with it.
4. Make sure not to choose save on boot option in the app as it may crash your device.
5. Once your device becomes stable at a specific clocks speed, close the app.
6. You’re done!
Wonderful job! You’ve successfully overclocked your device and now be ready to enjoy thrilling games on your device without any lags!
VI. Reverting Back to the Stock Kernel (Optional):
1. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once there, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the most recent backup you have there to be restored on your device.
5. As soon as you select a backup file, it’ll begin restoring it.
6. Once it has restored your backup, reboot your device.
7. You’re done!
Congrats! You’re back to the stock kernel with no CPU enhancements!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.