Did the latest update on your Xperia SP smartphone break the root-access that you’ve had for some good time? No worries, there’s now a root method that lets you re-gain root-access on your device.The firmware verion we’re talking about is 12.0.A.2.254 that has disabled root for many users. Anyway, here’s how you can go about rooting your device on this latest firmware version:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must be running on firmware version 12.0.A.2.254.
3. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
1. Flash Tool
2. Old Kernel (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-1)
3. New Kernel (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-8)
4. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-4)
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Double-click on the Flashtool executable file and install it on your PC.
3. Extract files from the Root Package archive over to your Desktop.
4. Open the Flashtool program on your PC by double-clicking its shortcut available on your Desktop.
5. Click on the first icon (thunder icon) and then click “…”.
6. Navigate to your Desktop and choose the Old Kernel file you downloaded earlier.
7. Click OK. It’ll now ask you to connect your device to your PC.
8. Turn OFF your device
9. Press and hold the Back button on your device and plug-in the USB cable to your PC.
10. It should begin flashing the kernel on your device.
11. Reboot your device once the kernel has been flashed.
12. Close the Flashtool program.
13. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
14. Ensure that your device’s connected to your PC.
15. Double-click on the file named runme_win.bat available on your Desktop.
16. Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
17. Reboot your device once it’s been rooted.
18. Now follow the Step-4 to Step-9 and this time choose the New Kernel to be flashed on your device.
19. You’re all done!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia SP to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss