So have you been wondering how you could root your Oppo N1 and get all of those root-only apps up and running on it that your rooted friend’s been using for some time now? No problem, this guide should help you do that. Rooting your Oppo N1 allows you to install root-only apps, flash custom recoveries, flash custom ROMs and do a lot more that you can’t do with an unrooted device. So go ahead and root that beast now!
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This should only work on Windows based PCs.
1. Oppown APK (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from Fastboot archive over to your Desktop. You should get adb.exe and a few other files.
3. Enable the Unknown sources option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
4. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Copy the Oppown APK you downloaded earlier over to the root of your SD card.
6. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
7. Open the File Manager app on your device and install the APK you just copied to your device.
8. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
9. After launching the app, wait for about a minute (it’s rooting your device in background).
10. Once it’s done, head over to the Google Play and download and install the SuperSU app on your device.
11. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
12. Connect your device to your PC once again.
13. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, hold down the Shift button and right-click on any blank area on your screen and select Open command window here.
14. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb uninstall com.qualcomm.privinit
15. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
16. And you’re all done!
Congrats! Your Oppo N1 has been successfully rooted and you’re the king of your device now!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Oppo N1 to learn how to do that.