LG G5 is yet another phone in the G series phones by LG and it’s the flagship phone of the year by the company. Last year’s G4 made many news due to the rocking features it boasted and this year’s G5 is no less.
The phone features a 5.3″ inch screen, Quad-core CPU, Adreno 530 GPU, and runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on-board. On top of that you have the LG’s customized skin called LG Optimus UX 5.0 UI. The phone runs everything that is latest in the market and you don’t need to wait for anything to arrive for the phone as it does pack everything you want.
However, if you belong to that category of users who just can’t have enough of what they get, then you may try rooting your phone. By gaining root access on your LG G5, you’re allowing yourself to remove the stock apps from the phone, install a custom recovery (if one is available), flash a customized version of Android aka custom ROM, and do many more things that can’t be done on an unrooted phone.
T-Mobile and European variants of the LG G5 are the only variants that have been rooted so far, so if you’ve got one of these, you can have it rooted using one of the following sections that teaches how to root your specific variant of the phone.
Before You Begin
- This could void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible for anything that happens from doing this tutorial so please proceed at your own risk.
- You must have a Windows based PC if you’re going to root the T-Mobile variant of LG G5. If you’ve got the European variant, you can do the procedure even on Mac and Linux.
- You should have done the How to Setup ADB tutorial on your Windows computer. Do that first and come back here when done.
- This should erase the data on your device. So, please backup everything that you wish to keep.
- You should only try this on the T-Mobile (H830) or the European (H850) variant of the device.
- You MUST have a MicroSD Card for this as you need to put the files necessary on it and into the phone for specific steps.
If you have the European variant of the device, please follow the following three sections to unlock the bootloader, flash a custom recovery, and root the device.
In case you have the T-Mobile variant, follow the last section that is for rooting the T-Mobile variant of LG G5.