If you are familiar with flashing ROMs, recoveries and rooting your Samsung phone, chances are you might have encountered a scenario where your phone is not completely dead, but dead all the same because you can’t actually boot into the Android operating system. This is what is called a soft brick (you should still be able to boot into download mode to actually call it that). If this has happened with your Galaxy Mini (the GT-S5570I variant), the solution below should help breathe life back into your semi-dead device.
I. Before You Begin
1. Make sure that you are actually only semi-bricked and not hard-bricked. Try booting your device into download mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons and if you can, you are only soft-bricked and the situation can be salvaged.
2. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you start. Installing Kies usually takes care of this.
II. Necessary Downloads
S5570I.rar [Link available under the Fixing Soft Brick section of this post]
III. Fixing your Samsung Galaxy Mini
1. Extract S5570I.rar to a folder on your desktop.
2. From the extracted folder, double-click on Odin3_v1.84.exe to start the tool.
3. Connect your device to your PC using a compatible microUSB cable. If there are any drivers being installed at this point, let them do so. Once that is done, the ID:COM field should light up yellow, signifying that your device is properly recognized.
4. Click on the BOOTLOADER button and navigate to the extracted folder. Choose DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5570IXXKL4_REV03.tar.md5 and click on Open to load it on to Odin.
5. Click on PDA and navigate to the location of PDA_S5570IXXKL4_REV03.tar.md5 and load it on to Odin.
6. Click on PIT and load tassve_0623.pit on to Odin.
7. Click on PHONE and load MODEM_S5570IXXKL4_REV03.tar.md5 on to Odin.
8. Click on CSC and load GT-S5570I-MULTI-CSC-OXXKL3.tar.md5 on to Odin.
9. Make sure only Auto-Reboot and F. Reset Time are ticked under the Option section.
10. Click on Start.
Your phone should now boot into Android but with a different language. Press the right soft key and change the language. And you now have a working Galaxy Mini in your hands!