There may not be much in the way of custom ROMs for the LG G3, but thanks to a developer on XDA, there is still a great app for customizing the stock ROM. From changing the LED notification light, to the status bar icons, to the LG Launcher, there’s tons of customization options to check out (the full version does cost $1.49, fair warning). To get this to work, you need to root the LG G3, install the XposedMod installer, then download the G3 Tweaksbox app from the Play Store and customize away.
Without further ado, here’s how to get it all set up.
I. Root the LG G3
1. Before you can use this tutorial, you must root the LG G3 using this tutorial. After you have finished that, you can return here to continue:
II. Install the XposedMod Framework APK
1. Download the XposedMod framework and save it to your desktop.
2. Plug in the device via USB cable.
3. Copy the XposedMod apk file to the root of the device’s internal storage (not inside any folders just inside the internal storage itself).
4. Unplug the device.
5. Go to Settings > General > Security > Turn On Unknown Source.
6. Open File Manager.
7. Tap All Files > Internal Storage > tap on the XposedMod apk file.
8. Tap Install.
9. Open the newly installed app and tap Framework > Install/Update.
10. When it’s done, reboot the phone.
III. Install the G3 TweaksBox
1. Open the Play Store, search for, and install G3 TweaksBox.
2. Open it and enjoy the new customization options you can now use.
Head to our LG G3 How To’s section for more tips and tricks for the LG G3.
If you ever need to start over or send in the G3 for warranty, you can do so using our How to Unroot the G3 tutorial.