When I installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on my Mac, I noticed one HUGE issue that I just couldn’t deal with; the screen would keep dimming down no matter how many times I would set the brightness to 100. Apparently, in anticipation of putting Windows 8 on tablets with light sensors, Microsoft has added the feature of auto brightness just like they have with their phone devices. So, I had to find out how to disable it before I threw the computer across the room. Have the same troubles? There’s help.
I. Disable Auto Brightness
1. Head to the Desktop of your PC by pushing Windows Key + D or clicking on the Desktop icon in the Start Menu.
2. On the bottom right of the screen, locate the battery icon.
3. Right click the battery icon and select More Power Options.
4. Select Change Plan Settings on the currently selected profile (by default it’s set to Balanced).
5. Click the Advanced Power Settings link.
6. Scroll down to Display > Enable Adaptive Brightness.
7. Change it to Off for either or both “Plugged In” and “On Battery”.