So you have just rooted your Alcatel One Touch 908 smartphone and looking to get some custom ROMs installed on it? Well, a custom recovery is all you need. The stock recovery that comes with your device doesn’t allow installation of such ROMs but a custom recovery does. In addition to the said functionality, it lets you backup your current ROM, wipe off your data and do other similar tasks. So, here’s how you can flash a custom recovery on your Alcatel OT 908:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our root guide to learn how to root your device.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s available in the second step)
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Alcatel One Touch 908:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your device
4. Reboot your device into Fastboot mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together for a couple of seconds.
5. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Now open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, just hold down the Shift button and then right-click anywhere in blank area and select Open command window here.
7. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window you just opened:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. It will flash the recovery on your device, should take a couple of minutes.
9. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all set!
Excellent! Your device has been successfully equipped with a custom recovery comprising of all the features you’ll ever need!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Alcatel One Touch 908 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.