So you rooted your Huawei Ascend G300 smartphone and got rid of all the unwanted system apps? How about flashing a custom recovery so you can enjoy some custom ROMs on your device? A custom recovery replaces your stock recovery and lets you do more with your device, you can create backups of your system, flash ROMs and so on. Here’s how you can flash a custom recovery on your Huawei Ascend G300 device.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Huawei Ascend G300 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
2. CWM Recovery Image (Download the recovery having .img as extension)
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Huawei Ascend G300:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from Fastboot archive over to your Desktop. You’ll get fastboot.exe along with some other files.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Reboot your device into bootloader mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. Once inside bootloader mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Now open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
7. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window you just opened. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual name of the Recovery Image you downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. It’ll flash the custom recovery on your device.
9. Once it has done flashing, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully flashed a custom recovery on your device. Your device is now all ready to be installed with your favorite custom ROMs!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei Ascend G300 to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: GiffGaff
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.