How to Flash a Custom Recovery on the Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T)
Got a rooted Motorola Atrix 4G smartphone? Want to flash a custom recovery on it so you can then enjoy a number of custom ROMs available out there for your device? No problem, this guide should help you do that. Flashing a custom recovery has many benefits, including the ability to flash new ROMs and take backups of your current ROM. Sounds interesting? huh. Let’s see how you can flash a custom recovery on your Motorola Atrix 4G smartphone:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our How to Root the Motorola Atrix 4G procedure to root your device.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T):
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the ROM Manager app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the option that says Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to flash the recovery on your device.
5. And you’re all set!
Excellent! You’ve successfully flashed a custom recovery on your Atrix 4G and you should now be able to flash ROMs and Mods on your device using this newly installed recovery!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.