The ZTE Blade 3 smartphone has been blessed with a custom recovery called ClockworkMod Recovery. This recovery allows users to flash custom ROMs, Mods and make nandroid backups. There’re some other features as well in the recovery, like wiping data, wiping cache, etc. If this sounds interesting to you, then head onto the following guide to learn how you can flash the CWM Recovery on your ZTE Blade 3.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the ZTE Blade 3 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This procedure should work on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, download them from here.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download the version having .img as extension, from the first post)
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the ZTE Blade 3:
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the Fastboot archive over to your Desktop. You’ll get adb.exe and fastboot.exe on your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by simply heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, simply hold down the Shift button and right-click anywhere on your Desktop and choose Open command window here.
6. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img
7. It should flash the recovery as well as reboot your device.
8. You’re all set!
Excellent! You’ve successfully flashed CWM Recovery on your Blade 3 and you can start flashing custom ROMs right away!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the ZTE Blade 3 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.