Sometimes things just happen. You know, the type of things that just render a device useless. You can’t turn on the screen, or it won’t respond, none of the buttons seem to be working, etc. Luckily most manufacturers put in some type of reset button combo in order to fix these issue when they do inevitably arise. Here’s the reset procedure for the Nokia Lumia 1020.
Warning: This will erase your device.
I. Phone is On
1. Go to Settings > About > and Tap Reset Your Phone.
II. Phone Won’t Turn On / Frozen on a Screen
1. Press and Hold the Volume Down and Power button at the same time until you feel it vibrate then let go. This will reboot the device.
2. If the above doesn’t work, hold down Volume Down, Power and the Camera button at the same time.
3. When it vibrates, release the Power button, but continue to hold the Volume Down and Camera button until it vibrates again, then you can let go. This will reboot AND erase the device.
4. If the above still doesn’t work, hold down the Power button.
5. When it vibrates, let go of the Power button and begin to hold the Volume Down button until the exclamation point shows up on the screen.
6. Then tap volume up, volume down, power, volume down in succession. It should vibrate, erase the data and return the phone to an out-of-box state.