Although there’s no official version of ClockworkMod Recovery available for the Huawei MediaPad, a test version of the recovery is found on XDA and according to the thread comments, we can say that the Recovery is pretty much usable. Here we have a guide on how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Huawei MediaPad. Don’t worry, it’s just a matter of issuing a few commands and you’re done!
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Huawei MediaPad procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This should install the Test Version of CWM Recovery on your device.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (It’s attached there in the first post)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Huawei MediaPad:
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop. You should have adb.exe and fastboot.exe files on your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Open a Command Prompt Window on the Desktop of your PC. To do so, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
5. Type in the following commands into the Command Prompt Window you just opened. Press Enter after each line.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-126.96.36.199-HWMOD-eabi-4.4.3.img
fastboot flash recovery2 recovery-188.8.131.52-HWMOD-eabi-4.4.3.img
6. Your device should reboot after the recovery is installed on it.
Well done! You now have a working version of ClockworkMod Recovery on your device that will allow you to flash custom ROMs as well as backup current ROM. We recommend you to take a look at the original thread, there’re some important instructions given by the developer.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei MediaPad to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.