How to Flash a Custom Recovery on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini (E10i)
Now that you have rooted your Xperia X10 Mini, the next step that will lead you to custom ROMs directly is installing a custom recovery. Installing a custom recovery will not only enable you to flash custom ROMs but help you back up your previous ROMs/data, etc. among other things. Ready then? Here’s how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Xperia X10 Mini.
I. Before You Begin
1. Back up everything you need before you begin.
2. You need to be rooted for this procedure to work. If you are not already rooted, take a look at our procedure on the same.
3. Make sure that you have at least 75% of your battery charged before you start.
4. This procedure is designed to work on Windows operating systems (preferably Windows 7). This will not work on Mac/Linux computers.
II. Necessary Downloads
CWM-Install E10i – email@example.com [File attached to the first post of this thread]
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Xperia X10 Mini
1. Extract CWM-Install E10i – firstname.lastname@example.org to a folder on your desktop.
2. Go to the files folder in the folder you extracted previously.
3. Rename the cwm_install folder to cwm_files.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Developer options and tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
5. Connect your device to your Windows PC. If Windows installs drivers at this point, let it do so before you proceed any further.
6. From the extracted folder, run CWM_install.bat.
And you’re done! You should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
V. Flashing Custom ROMs (Optional)
If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.