RecoverX tool has lately been updated and now it supports a handful of new devices including the Sony Xperia U smartphone. The tool allows users to flash various custom recoveries on their devices within a few clicks, no hassle of issuing commands and all that. Simply choose the device, select the recovery and you’re good to go. Sounds interesting? Let us show you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Sony Xperia U using the RecoverX tool.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have done our How to Root the Sony Xperia U procedure.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. RecoverX (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Sony Xperia U:
1. Place the RecoverX archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RecoverX executable file and the tool will launch.
6. Select your device from the dropdown menu given in the tool.
7. From the custom recoveries list, select ClockworkMod Recovery.
8. Hit Next button and it’ll begin the process to download and flash recovery.
9. Once the recovery’s flashed, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all set!
Excellent! Your Sony Xperia U has been successfully equipped with a custom recovery and from now onward, you can flash custom ROMs as well as make backups of your current ROM!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia U to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.