One of the Oppo Find 7a and Find 7’s biggest downfalls has to be the software. Misspelled alerts, strange cartoony icons and animations, it just doesn’t scream premium in the way it’s hardware does. Thankfully though it’s easy to flash a much better software onto the Find 7’s; CyanogenMod to the rescue. The same operating system that is on the Oppo’s alleged sister company’s main device, the OnePlus One, can easily be downloaded from CyanogenMod’s own site and flashed in no time flat.
All you need is to root the Find 7, download the ROM, and flash it via a custom recovery. Here’s the breakdown and video of how to get CyanogenMod on your Oppo Find 7a or Find 7.
I. Root the Oppo Find 7a / Oppo Find 7
1. Head to our Oppo How To’s section and then choose which Oppo device you have and follow the how to root for that specific device.
2. Return here to continue.
II. Flash CyanogenMod on the Oppo Find 7a / Oppo Find 7
1. Head to our Oppo ROMs section, choose your specific device, click on the CyanogenMod ROM you want to flash.
2. Click on the download link there and then find the download on the developer’s page and save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Plug the phone in via USB.
4. Copy the ROM file to the root of the device’s sdcard storage.
5. Unplug the phone.
6. Turn off the phone.
7. Hold down volume down and power until it vibrates then let go to get into recovery mode.
8. Tap Backup.
9. Tap Backup and swipe to confirm.
10. Once done backing up, tap Wipe.
11. Tap Wipe Data.
12. Once done wiping, tap Install then choose the ROM .zip file and flash it.
13. Tap Reboot.
III. Install the Google Apps (optional, but you know you want them)
1. Download the Google Apps package and save it to your computer.
2. Plug the phone in via USB.
3. Copy the Google Apps file to the root of the device’s sdcard storage.
4. Unplug the phone.
5. Turn off the phone.
6. Hold down volume down and power until it vibrates then let go to get into recovery mode.
7. Tap Install then choose the Google Apps .zip file and flash it.
8. Tap Reboot.
Feel free to head back to the Oppo ROMs section to find other ROMs for the Find 7 you might enjoy besides CyanogenMod and check out the Oppo How To’s section for other How To’s for both devices as well.