Good news for the HTC Desire S users as you now have another custom recovery for your device, called TWRP Recovery. This recovery comes with full-touch enabled user-interface and the features are almost same as the ClockworkMod Recovery. You can make nandroid backups, flash custom ROMs and Mods, wipe data and so on. So, if you’re ready to install this fully-touch recovery on your device, then follow the following guide.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our root guide to root your device.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. TWRP Recovery Image (Download the latest version of Recovery)
III. Installing TWRP Recovery on the HTC Desire S:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop. You’ll get fastboot.exe and some other files.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Reboot your device into Fastboot mode. To do that, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. You should see a menu on your screen, select the Fastboot option.
6. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop by holding down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
8. Enter the following command into the Command Prompt Window. Make sure to replace recoveryfilename.img with the actual name of the Recovery Image you downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
9. Once the recovery’s flashed on your device, reboot your device
10. And you’re all set!
Brilliant! Your HTC Desire S has been successfully equipped with TWRP Recovery and you can start flashing ROMs right away!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Desire S to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.