Figured out how to load ROMs, do Apps2SD and all that good stuff? But for the life of you can’t change your theme on your phone? Well lets do it then!
I. Finding a Theme/ROM Combo that You Like (The Hardest Step)
1. Check out our downloads section and use the Search bar to search for “G1 Themes’, “Magic 32A Themes”, “myTouch Themes’, etc. and you should be presented with a whole bunch of themes to choose from. You can also goto Forums.XDA-Developers.com and search through their Themes section as well.
2. Find a Theme you like and then look to see what ROM it is meant to work on (usually listed in the first post of the Theme topic).
3. Download and install the ROM that the theme is meant for (NOT THE THEME YET) using one of our How To Load a Custom ROM procedures. Please keep in mind that there are currently no Themes for any Hero ROMs, so if you are using a Hero ROM you can stop right here 🙁
4. Once you have installed the ROM and found the Theme you want to put on it goto the next section.
II. How to Load the Theme
1. Download the Theme, they come just like ROMs as a .zip file.
2. Rename the .zip to update.zip (make sure it is not update.zip.zip or spelled wrong) and put it on your SD card (not in any folders).
3. Turn off the phone and turn it back on by holding down Home and Power to get to Recovery mode.
4. Hit Apply update.zip (there is no need to wipe with themes generally, if it gets stuck on a boot loop then go back to recovery wipe and apply again).
III. Changing Themes
1. If you want to switch to a different them just repeat section II. But it is always a good idea to flash the ROM again first to get back to the original theme before loading a new one (otherwise you may end of with a mix of the 2 themes).
2. Repeat till your heart’s content.