How To: Load Hero onto Your MyTouch 3G (OBSOLETE)
PLEASE NOTE! This method is people who were forced to use the gold card method to root their Magic or MyTouch! If you have done our on click rooting procedure please refer to the newer Rooting/Loading Custom ROM methods on our site:
Unroot (G1) OR Unroot(MyTouch), then Root, then Load a Custom ROM, Apps2SD/Hero etc.
I. Partition the Memory Card for faster Hero Performance
1. Again, make sure you have rooted your MyTouch first using our video, link is above in the Before Beginning section.
2. Turn off you phone.
3. Turn on the phone by holding down Back and Power to get into fastboot mode. Then plug the phone into the computer.
4. Open the Command prompt on the computer and type:
fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.2.0H.img
5. Once the phone boots up into recovery mode, click on the Format SD: fat32+ext2+swap
6. Once the formatting is done, turn the phone off by taking out the battery and putting it back in.
II. Convert the Phone Back to 32B, Load the Hero ROM
1. Turn on the phone by holding down the Power and Back button to boot into fastboot mode.
2. Download these 3 files to your computer:
3. Once you have downloaded those 3 files to your computer, unzip the ota-radio-2_22_19_26I.zip file you got from HTC.
4. Take the radio.img file from inside the ota-radio-2_22_19_26I.zip you just unzipped and put it into the AndroidSDK/tools folder on your computer (you should know this folder well from the Root procedure).
5. Then take Amon Ra’s Recovery Image (recovery-RAv1.2.0G) and put it into the AndroidSDK\tools folder on your computer as well.
6. Take the memory card out of your phone (leave the phone in fastboot usb mode) and put it into the SD adapter and then into the computer.
7. Save the Hero ROM to the SD card and rename it to update.zip (most windows computers you only have to type update not the .zip part, so long as it is update and it has the zip folder symbol to the left of it then it is update.zip and is just not showing the .zip part, so you are all set).
8. Take the memory card and put it back into the phone.
9. Turn on the phone by holding down the Back and Power button to get into Fastboot mode.
10. Plug the phone into your computer.
11. Open the command prompt on your computer and type (hitting enter at the end of each line):
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RAv1.2.0G.img
12. Once the recovery is flashed, then on the phone push menu to power off the phone.
13. Turn the phone on by holding down Home and Power to get into recovery mode.
14. Click Wipe Data, the click Apply Update.zip.
15. Once it is done, push home and back to reboot the phone. (If the phone turns off instead of rebooting, just hold the power button to turn it on).
16. ALL DONE!
Issue: I can’t connect to the internet or send or receive picture messages (MMS)!
1. Goto Settings, Wireless controls, Mobile network settings, then Access Point Names.
2. Click Menu and then New APN. Type the following into the fields (any field not mentioned, leave blank):
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0